I had a few mixed emotions when deciding what to do when it came to beauty products. For myself, I’m okay with not being 100% gluten free with certain things, including lotions. I know you have to EAT gluten for it to cause a problem and I certainly do not eat lotion. Or do I? I’m pretty sure that it doesn’t seem very tasty, but there are other ways one can consume lotion. Generally not an issue for adults, but as a pediatrician, it’s something I try to caution my families about. Kids are always putting things in their mouths. They bite their nails. They suck their thumbs. So… they kinda eat their lotion too. So while I’m not super strict with myself, I do caution those with kids. I do have a few products that I love that are not necessarily gluten free. I love Eucerin products, but they cannot guarantee my safety. My solution is that my unending love of aquaphor can continue- on my legs, arms, feet, and torso, but NOT on my hands. My hands are gluten free zones most of the time.
Here’s my list of go to products for lotions/creams that are gluten free:
- California Baby Everyday Lotion Their lotions are gluten free so check out the different fragrances!
- California Baby Cream
- Dove Cream Oil Shea Butter Body Lotion Dove is great with their labels, if it contains gluten, it’s usually written on the ingredients list. So its kinda like shopping for food- ya gotta know your gluten containing ingredients!
- Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion
- Kiss My Face Vitamin A & E Mositurizer
- Neutrogena Naturals Multivitamin Nourishing Moisturizer This entire line is gluten free. Yay!
- NOW Shea Butter
I know this is a pretty short list, but I didn’t want to overwhelm you. Yes there are plenty of gluten free options out there, these are just some of my favorite. They work great and they are pretty easy to find. You don’t need a Whole Foods near you! Target carries most of these brands too!