One of my friends asked which recipe was my “go-to” side dish when entertaining. She wanted something quick, easy, but that was going to impress her guests. No problem! This caprese salad has always been a hit. Plus, there’s quick shortcut to this dish that I LOVE LOVE LOVE.
- 1 container of grape or cherry tomatoes. Both work great!
- 1 container of mozzarella bocconcini drained. Just look by the mozzarella in your cheese department for the small balls of mozzarella. They are about 1/2 inch -1 inch round.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- Combine extra virgin olive oil, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, and thyme in a large bowl. Mix well
- Add mozzarella to completely coat. If you have time, allow mixture to marinate for a few hours with mozzarella
- Add tomatoes and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Okay ready for the easiest version ever? Most places will sell the mozzarella bocconcini already marinated in olive oil with all of these yummy spices. So grab yourself a large bowl. Empty the container of mozzarella and oil into the bowl, add tomatoes, toss gently, and serve. You’re done.