- 16oz can black beans
- 16oz can kidney beans (use two cans of black beans and two of kidney beans if you want to make a vegetarian chili)
- 8oz tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12oz corn
- 28oz diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2-3 chopped jalapeno or serrano peppers (depending on your desired level of heat!)
- 2 tablespoons gluten free taco seasoning (check it out here)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 32oz boneless chicken breasts
- Place chopped onions, peppers, corn, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, chili powder, and beans in a slow cooker and mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken breasts on top of mixture and cover pot.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until chicken completely cooked.
- Remove chicken and shred into bite sized pieces.
- Add chicken back into slow cooker and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes to allow chicken to completely marinate.
You can top chili with cilantro, sour cream, or fresh queso fresco! Just be careful because the sour cream and cheese will add a lot of calories to your meal. If you need to add a bit more bulk to your meal- try serving it on top of some rice! Delicious!