When I was little, my mom and I would spend our weekends at our family house in Michigan. There was a store down the road the sold the BEST banana bread ever. Seriously- I’d eat the entire loaf by the end of the day. This is my favorite recipe for banana bread. The best part is, banana bread is meant to be heavy so gluten free baking is a little easier. I suggest using your favorite gluten free flour and for stuff like this my “go-to” choice is Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend. Xanthan gum is already included so it’s one less step to worry about!
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well
- In a separate bowl, whisk bananas and sugar until you make a banana cream
- Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients
- Gently fold in chopped pecans
- Spray loaf pan with oil or prepare with grease (I prefer the spray to save on calories)
- Bake for 90 minutes. When finished, the bread should be golden. Depending on your oven, you may need to rotate the loaf as well (I usually rotate it around 45 minutes)
- Allow bread to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. It should cool completely before slicing.
If you’re looking for an extra treat, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on slices as well!