Phew! The holidays are over! I’m not trying to sound like a grinch because as you know, I absolutely love the holidays. By now, though, all of the presents have been opened (and apparently I was a very good girl this year!), the yummy meals have been eaten, and well… lots of wine seems to have disappeared! All of this clearly means that I had a fabulous holiday season this year, but it also means my body is in need of some serious rehab.
Hitting the gym is my favorite way of rebounding from my holiday indulgences. Not only does it wake you up, but just because it’s the winter doesn’t mean you should slack! Plus burning all of those extra calories will certainly help keep off the holiday weight gain!
Now don’t forget to take care of your skin as well! Make sure to wash your face every morning and night and apply moisturizer twice daily to help beat the dry winter skin! Your hands and feet need extra pampering too! All of those heaters on at home tend to pull moisture out of the air leading to problems with those of us with dry skin! If you happen to be one of them like me, try these recipes to help repair your skin!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 crushed candy canes (I’m sure you have some leftover and you need to crush them so put them in a baggie and take out some holiday frustrations!)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil (optional but highly recommended!)
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds, or on stove top. Allow to cool slightly and add sugar and candy canes. Mix thoroughly
- Add essential oil and mix. You can omit this step if you want.
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup bentonite clay
- Puree cranberries and cranberry juice
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Place mask in airtight container (I use mason jars)
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days
- To use apply to face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off and continue your normal skincare routine